million of them in 2012 alone.
Rachel Botsman, the author of a book on the subject, says the consumer peer-to-peer rental market alone is worth $ 26 billion
They feared neither spouse could manage alone.
Nearly nine million Americans alone suffer from the illness.
Elimination of waste alone can potentially provide over sixty percent more food for the growing world population
Wheat production takes 50% of its energy input for these two items alone.
When you are alone, you are not with any other people.
There is nothing so fearful as to be alone in a combat situation...
He was all alone in the middle of the hall.
If one person is alone with another person, or if two or more people are alone, they are together, without anyone else present.
I couldn't imagine why he would want to be alone with me...
My brother and I were alone with Vincent.
If you say that you are alone or feel alone, you mean that nobody who is with you, or nobody at all, cares about you.
Never in her life had she felt so alone, so abandoned...
He found himself alone in a hostile world.
You say that one person or thing alone does something when you are emphasizing that only one person or thing is involved.
You alone should determine what is right for you...
They were convicted on forensic evidence alone.
If you say that one person or thing alone is responsible for part of an amount, you are emphasizing the size of that part and the size of the total amount.
The BBC alone is sending 300 technicians, directors and commentators...
Megastars like Jack Nicholson, who made $500 million from Batman alone, are unlikely to be affected.
If someone is alone in doing something, they are the only person doing it, and so are different from other people.
Newcastle is far from alone. Colleges around the country have developed programmes of student support...
Am I alone in thinking that this scandal should finish his career?
When someone does something alone, they do it without help from other people.
Bringing up a child alone should give you a sense of achievement...
He was working alone and did not have an accomplice.
If you go it alone, you do something without any help from other people.
I missed the stimulation of working with others when I tried to go it alone.
1. isolated from others;"could be alone in a crowded room""was alone with her thoughts""I want to be alone"
2. lacking companions or companionship;"he was alone when we met him""she is alone much of the time""the lone skier on the mountain""a lonely fisherman stood on a tuft of gravel""a lonely soul""a solitary traveler"
3. exclusive of anyone or anything else;"she alone believed him""cannot live by bread alone""I'll have this car and this car only"
4. radically distinctive and without equal;"he is alone in the field of microbiology""this theory is altogether alone in its penetration of the problem""Bach was unique in his handling of counterpoint""craftsmen whose skill is unequaled""unparalleled athletic ability""a breakdown of law unparalleled in our history"
1. without any others being included or involved;"was entirely to blame""a school devoted entirely to the needs of problem children""he works for Mr. Smith exclusively""did it solely for money""the burden of proof rests on the prosecution alone""a privilege granted only to him"
2. without anybody else;"the child stayed home alone""he flew solo"