1. any of the equal portions into which the capital stock of a corporation is divided and ownership of which is evidenced by a stock certificate;"he bought 100 shares of IBM at the market price"
2. assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group;"he wanted his share in cash"
3. the result of parcelling out or sharing;"death gets more than its share of attention from theologicans"
4. any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor;"I am proud of my contribution to the team's success""they all did their share of the work"
5. a sharp steel wedge that cuts loose the top layer of soil