1. alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard;"Adjust the clock, please""correct the alignment of the front wheels"
2. place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight;"align the car with the curb""align the sheets of paper on the table"
3. adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions;"We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
4. make correspondent or conformable;"Adjust your eyes to the darkness"
5. decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim