1. a committee having supervisory powers;"the board has seven members"
2. a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose;"he nailed boards across the windows"
3. a stout length of sawn timber; made in a wide variety of sizes and used for many purposes
4. a board on which information can be displayed to public view
5. a flat portable surface (usually rectangular) designed for board games;"he got out the board and set up the pieces"
6. food or meals in general;"she sets a fine table""room and board"
7. electrical device consisting of an insulated panel containing switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices;"he checked the instrument panel""suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
8. a printed circuit that can be inserted into expansion slots in a computer to increase the computer's capabilities
9. a table at which meals are served;"he helped her clear the dining table""a feast was spread upon the board"
1. get on board of (trains, buses, ships, aircraft, etc.)
2. live and take one's meals at or in;"she rooms in an old boarding house"
3. lodge and take meals (at)
4. provide food and lodging (for);"The old lady is boarding three men"