1. of or relating to an economy, the system of production and management of material wealth;"economic growth""aspects of social, political, and economical life"
2. of or relating to the science of economics;"economic theory"
3. concerned with worldly necessities of life (especially money);"he wrote the book primarily for economic reasons""gave up the large house for economic reasons""in economic terms they are very privileged"
4. financially rewarding;"it was no longer economic to keep the factory open""have to keep prices high enough to make it economic to continue the service"
5. using the minimum of time or resources necessary for effectiveness;"an economic use of home heating oil""a modern economical heating system""an economical use of her time"