1. take hold of so as to seize or restrain or stop the motion of;"Catch the ball!""Grab the elevator door!"
2. get hold of or seize quickly and easily;"I snapped up all the good buys during the garage sale"
3. make a grasping or snatching motion with the hand;"The passenger grabbed for the oxygen mask"
4. obtain illegally or unscrupulously;"Grab power"
5. take or grasp suddenly;"She grabbed the child's hand and ran out of the room"
6. capture the attention or imagination of;"This story will grab you""The movie seized my imagination"