Kodak's decision to file for bankruptcy（破产）protection is a sad, though not unexpected, turning point for a leading American corporation that pioneered consumer photography and dominated the film market for decades, but ultimately failed to adapt to the digital revolution.
Self-made billionaires in Beijing, tech innovators in Silicon Valley, pioneering justices in Ghana—in these and countless other areas, women are leaving their mark.
1. someone who helps to open up a new line of research or technology or art
2. one the first colonists or settler in a new territory;"they went west as pioneers with only the possessions they could carry with them"
1. open up an area or prepare a way;"She pioneered a graduate program for women students"
2. take the lead or initiative in; participate in the development of;"This South African surgeon pioneered heart transplants"
3. open up and explore a new area;"pioneer space"