1. save from ruin, destruction, or harm
2. to keep up and reserve for personal or special use;"She saved the old family photographs in a drawer"
3. bring into safety;"We pulled through most of the victims of the bomb attack"
4. spend less; buy at a reduced price
5. feather one's nest; have a nest egg;"He saves half his salary"
6. make unnecessary an expenditure or effort;"This will save money""I'll save you the trouble""This will save you a lot of time"
7. save from sins
8. refrain from harming
9. spend sparingly, avoid the waste of;"This move will save money""The less fortunate will have to economize now"
10. retain rights to;"keep my job for me while I give birth""keep my seat, please""keep open the possibility of a merger"