1. an educational institution;"the school was founded in 1900"
2. a building where young people receive education;"the school was built in 1932""he walked to school every morning"
3. the process of being formally educated at a school;"what will you do when you finish school?"
4. an educational institution's faculty and students;"the school keeps parents informed""the whole school turned out for the game"
5. the period of instruction in a school; the time period when schools is in session;"stay after school""he didn't miss a single day of school""when the school day was done we would walk home together"
6. a body of creative artists or writers or thinkers linked by a similar style or by similar teachers;"the Venetian school of painting"
7. a large group of fish;"a school of small glittering fish swam by"