1. a beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water;"iced tea is a cooling drink"
2. a light midafternoon meal of tea and sandwiches or cakes;"an Englishman would interrupt a war to have his afternoon tea"
3. dried leaves of the tea shrub; used to make tea;"the store shelves held many different kinds of tea""they threw the tea into Boston harbor"
4. a reception or party at which tea is served;"we met at the Dean's tea for newcomers"
5. a tropical evergreen shrub or small tree extensively cultivated in e.g. China and Japan and India; source of tea leaves;"tea has fragrant white flowers"