1. subject to a mathematical transformation
2. change or alter in form, appearance, or nature;"This experience transformed her completely""She transformed the clay into a beautiful sculpture""transubstantiate one element into another"
3. change in outward structure or looks;"He transformed into a monster""The salesman metamorphosed into an ugly beetle"
4. change from one form or medium into another;"Braque translated collage into oil"
5. convert (one form of energy) to another;"transform energy to light"
6. change (a bacterial cell) into a genetically distinct cell by the introduction of DNA from another cell of the same or closely related species
7. increase or decrease (an alternating current or voltage)