每天分享一篇中英双语美文,对英语口语的练习很有帮助,也是积累英语考试中写作,翻译素材的好资料,加油吧!
Dear son.
孩子:
The day that you see me old and I am already not, have patience and try to understand me.
哪天你看到我日渐老去,身体也渐渐不行,请耐着性子试着了解我。
If I get dirty when eating, if I cannot dress, have patience.
如果我吃的脏兮兮,如果我不会穿衣服。有耐性一点。
Remember the hours I spent teaching it to you.
你记得我曾花多久时间教你这些事吗?
If, when I speak to you, I repeat the same things thousand and one times.
如果,当我一再重复述说,
Do not interrupt me, listen to me.
同样的事情,不要打断我,听我说。
When you were small, I had to read to you thousand and one times the same story until you get to sleep.
你小时候,我必须一遍又一遍的读着同样的故事,直到你静静睡着。
When I do not want to have a shower, neither shame me nor scold me.
当我不想洗澡,不要羞辱我也不要责骂我。
Remember when I had to chase you with thousand excuses I invented, in order that you wanted to bath.
你记得小时后我曾编出多少理由,只为了哄你洗澡。
When you see my ignorance on new technologies, give me the necessary time and not look at me with your mocking smile.
当你看到我对新科技的无知,给我一点时间,不要挂着嘲弄的微笑看着我。
I taught you how to do so many things, to eat good, to dress well, to confront life.
我曾教了你多少事情啊:如何好好的吃,好好的穿;如何面对你的生命。
When at some moment I lose the memory or the thread of our conversation.
如果交谈中我忽然失忆不知所云,
let me have the necessary time to remember.
给我一点时间回想;
and if I cannot do it,
如果我还是无能为力,
请不要紧张。
as the most important thing is not my conversation but surely to be with you and to have you listening to me.
对我而言重要的不是对话,而是能跟你在一起,和你的倾听。